October 16, 2016

Oh Deer Halloween Birthday Card ft. The Greeting Farm


EDIT: Top 3 at Cards und More & Top 3 at MarkerPop

The Greeting Farm released a bunch of cute Halloween stamps a while ago, and they would totally fit in this month's FFF challenge theme: Spooky Fun. I don't have these sets yet, however, so I decided to mix and mask some of my stamps to create my own halloween creatures. I'm mixing quite a few stamp sets today: Wood Friends (deer) from The Greeting Farm, Booyah (witch hat) and Milo's ABC (bottom sentiment) from Lawn Fawn, and Meowlloween Extras (top sentiment & word bubble) from Mama Elephant.

 
To start off, I stamped the witch hat onto masking paper and fussy cut it. Then I did some stamping on scrap paper to determine how I want to position the hat on the deer's head. It is at this point when I realized that even with a stamp reference, there's still a chance that I'll stamp something different than what I've planned. So I came up with an idea to recreate my stamped image: First of all I fussy cut the deer image I've stamped earlier. Then I placed the deer mask on the cardstock. This way I can easily line up the image with my clear stamp and pick it up with the plastic door of my mini Misti. 

 
After removing the deer mask and stamping the hat with black ink, I covered the image with the witch hat mask. Then I aligned the hat part on the deer mask with the witch hat mask, and placed my deer stamp on top. After I've picked my stamp up with Misti's door and removed only the deer mask, I stamped the deer. And voila! Here's my perfectly stamped little deer.


I then colored my deer with several Distress inks. The specific colors I've used are listed below:
 Deer: Carved Pumpkin, Wild Honey
Witch Hat: Seedless Preserves, Black Soot, Mustard Seed
Blush: Abandoned Coral
I've also added a generous amount of wink of stella on his hat. 


The sentiments are stamped in strips of cardstock. Even though gray is not included in the AAA Card's pinwheel inspiration photo, I was inspired by the polka dot pattern and thought it would add some interest to this CAS card. To match the shimmer on the deer's hat, I adhered a strip of silver glitter tape between the two sentiments. I really like how this card turned out, and I love to stretch the use of my stamps by combining them to create new images. I hope you feel inspired and have enjoyed looking at my creation. Have a wonderful day!

Challenges Entered:
  
CAS(E) This Sketch #194 / CASology: Spooky / AAA Cards #75

Cards und More: Watercolor / The Greeting Farm: Spooky Fun
 
STAMPlorations: CAS / Word Art Wednesday / Marker Pop #106: Halloween

SSD: Metallics + Dew Drops (on the deer) + Use Puns

8 comments:

  1. What an adorable card! So many great element. Love the polka dot and glitter papers, the fonts, your masking and coloring and the sparkle. Absolutely fantastic!! Thanks for linking up and playing along with us at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too fun!!! This is such a great idea!! Thanks for joining us at TGF!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is so clever and sweet! I love it! Fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessie, this is adorable! I love that sparkly witch hat, so perfectly stamped (thanks for the how-to!)! Great Halloween birthday card...I have a cousin born on Halloween and could have used something like this for many years! Thanks for joining us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooops, also meant to thank you for joining us at Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge #20!

      Delete
  5. Totally adorable!! I LOVE the witch hat on that deer!! The sparkle and shine is awesome!! I also like that you left this clean and simple. Really great design. Thanks for playing with Stamping Smiles Designs Tic-TAc-Toe Challenge!!

    Nora

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhhh~ I totally love that hat!! May be I want one ! Such an adorable deer! Thank you so much for playing along with us at STAMPlorations this month! :)
    Suchi- DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your deer in the witchy hat is just too clever ... so glad you joined us at STAMPlorations.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.