January 12, 2017

Chinese New Year ft. Craftin Desert Divas

Hello and welcome! I hope you are enjoying year 2017 so far. Today I have a Chinese New Year card to share with you. This card features the Dragon Festival stamp set and the Fancy Frames Dies

I started out by die cutting a small white panel using the smallest rectangular die from the Fancy Frame set. Then I made 4 masks (two of each design) for the two lantern images and fussy cut them out. To create the lantern background, I used repetitive stamping technique and filled up the white panel as I overlap the images and use the masks in between each stamping. I've used Copic Sketch Markers to color the images. Colors I used:
Red: R27, R37, E09
Orange: YR04, YR07, R08
Yellow: Y02, Y15

I know it is the Year of the Rooster, but I couldn't resist coloring this little dragon and adding him to the card. To make him pop up even more against the background, I decided to adhere a strip of vellum and also add some shimmer to his tail and antlers (?) using the Wink of Stella pen.
Green: YG13, G07
Oranges and yellows are the same as the ones mentioned above.

If cute critters aren't your thing or if you want to save the dragon for the Year of the Dragon, you could leave the card like this with the lanterns panel as your focal point. I wasn't aware of this design until I started assembling my card. And to be honest, I like both designs equally. I think this one looks more adult-like/mature with its CAS style and the touch of gold is prefect. 
Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a great new year! 

0 意見:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.